Quote(s)

“Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science.” - Girl Genius, by Kaja & Phil Foglio

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Perspective, it's all about perspective ...

26 June 2013

Lots of Water

It rained this morning.  Lots of thunder, much rain.  There's a retention pond by my building.  This is what it looked like about fifteen minutes ago.


I don't seem to have any pictures of it when it's empty.  It's probably ten feet deep or more.  The grassy "island" is the edge.  It stopped raining maybe an hour ago.


This is the view to the left, where the pond overflows into the street.  I'm cool with that because it means the water doesn't come up on my patio and into my condo.  However, it flows down that street toward the main street, and the sewers there can't handle the volume.


The lighter green tree in the center is in a vacant lot across the street.  One SUV went through about an hour ago.  The water was just at the bottom of the car.

It's raining again. 

Update from daughter who wandered out to check the situation:  a school bus went by and the water was nearly to the floorboards. 

Guess it's time to call work.  Thought I was going to be there early today.  I know better than to plan stuff like that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - don't you fell helpless when water is involved? I am sooo glad you are safe and sound and hopefully still dry!

Richard

Kat said...

We're fine. Daughter was able to head to work around one this afternoon. I used a vacation day.

It was nice to be able to take a nap; I was up until after midnight watching the show in the Texas senate, cheering on Wendy Davis and her colleagues.