Quote(s)

“Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science.” - Girl Genius, by Kaja & Phil Foglio

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Perspective, it's all about perspective ...

18 July 2012

WRoE Wrap-up

Okay, here’s my WRoE wrap-up. 

In July (1st to 17th) I spent 46 hours working on the WIP, wrote a net of 10,700 words.  Finished version 2. 

The novel isn’t finished, just this version.  I fully expect to create a v3 after I get feedback on the manuscript.  Meanwhile, I will be working on other projects - a short story, then the 2010 NaNoNovel.  Time spent on those don’t count toward WRoE, since Rising Tide was my designated project. 

It’s been fun for me.  A bit mind-boggling as well, to see how much time this really took.  The number is scary!   If you don’t want to see it, skip to the next paragraph NOW  ..... ..... January through July  215 hours

From the beginning, this novel came slowly.  It was really hard to write more than 2000 words a day, even back in November.  A wrong turn led to a creative wall.  Perhaps I should say I ran aground.  Once I backed off, tried another tack, the story took off again.  Much of it wasn’t written in a linear fashion, either, which is not my usual approach. 

It feels amazing to have this in hand.  I am very much looking forward to what comes next.

No comments: