Quote(s)

“Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science.” - Girl Genius, by Kaja & Phil Foglio

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Perspective, it's all about perspective ...

04 July 2012

Happy Higgs Boson Day (tentative)

Wow.  CERN may have found a Higgs Boson .  Coolness.  Lots more work to be done, naturally.  That's how science works.  But, still, lots of wow.  Adds another reason to celebrate the day. 

Happy Birthday to the country of my birth.  So many candles.  Need to make them virtual this year as there are many areas of the country in drought or near-drought conditions. 

Novel is doing well and says hi.  Just passed 67K.  I am on an expotition to find The End.  I think someone is moving it.  I blame Rori and Serge.  They are trying to have some private fun, but keep getting interrupted.  Serge has threatened to keel haul someone - fortunately not me.  Yet.  He will hopefully pause and remember that I have the pen in my hand before doing anything so foolish.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Finished my four-day weekend with a net gain of about 7100 words; novel at 67834 when I stopped last night. Wrote two difficult scenes and several easy ones. Rori and Serge got their private time. ;-) At the moment, I think this version will be between 71K and 75K. (Now watch the characters prove me wrong.) Not setting any deadlines to reach that. Have to work the next three days, short handed for two of them. It's pay back - I wasn't there Monday or Tuesday!