Quote(s)

“Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science.” - Girl Genius, by Kaja & Phil Foglio

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Perspective, it's all about perspective ...

02 July 2012

Cool! And Coffee!

I have A/C!!!

Something I haven't had for five years or more.  Given the heat wave we are currently in, I left this to the very last minute, although didn't actually plan it that way.  It was planned for several years ago, but events (sudden 20% pay cut, family member needing money) conspired to delay things.  The last few months were just me dawdling, reluctance to see my savings account depleted dominating my knowledge that this would be the summer Climate Change really raised its head and roared.

The money is spent.  There is a cool breeze blowing my way as I type this, an iced coffee on the desk. 


Now to get this novel finished...  Coffee and chocolate are writing fuel.  You knew that, right?  That's why I drink mochas.

5 comments:

richard Kimball said...

Congrats! You will get your moneys worth this season!

Kat said...

Thank you, Richard. And welcome!

Cynthia I Maddox said...

Bout time you got that air fixed! It is just too dangerous this time around. I don't ever remember a year this hot and dry.

Richard Kimball... One armed guy killed his wife and he was on the lam for 20 years? Surely not. LOL,sorry but I spent a few moments trying to figure out why that name sounded familiar and that's what I got.

Kat said...

Not that Richard Kimball. Richard most definitely has two arms and is in one of my writing groups. ;-)

Richard Kimball said...

And THAT Richard Kimball spelled his name differently!