Quote(s)

“Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science.” - Girl Genius, by Kaja & Phil Foglio

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Perspective, it's all about perspective ...

13 July 2012

Books I Read in June

I realized today that I didn’t mention the books I read in June.  I took an excursion out of Speculative Fiction into the genre of ----- Memoir!  That’s a big leap for me.  I enjoyed it. 

Carol King, A Natural Woman.  This brought back memories of events we all lived through and how important her music was in defining and solidifying those times.  I’ve always loved her music, and now I admire her even more. 

Jenny Lawson, Let’s Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir).  Hilarious and sad and fascinating.  At times like watching a train wreck.  But in a good way.  Was a huge shift of gears from Carol King.  I sporadically read Jenny’s blog [LINKY THING to The Bloggess] so that did prepare me, sort of. 

When I have wrestled this version of my novel into completion, I am going on a reading binge.  And probably a movie binge.  Should probably accompany that with a walking binge.  Just saying.

1 comment:

V C Larson said...

Your walking thing could be combined with an audio book iPod thing. Multitask!