Quote(s)

“Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science.” - Girl Genius, by Kaja & Phil Foglio

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Perspective, it's all about perspective ...

07 May 2013

Word Verification for Comments

My spam comments have increased significantly in the last week, so I turned the word verification back on.  Sorry 'bout that.  Hopefully it will stop the 'bots. 


Since that's not much content for a post, here's an old picture of my daughter on her horse, trainer at their side, just before entering the show ring.  Team Rudy!

Yes, Rudy is the only one looking at the camera.  That horse had impressive situational awareness.

Edit 5/10/13
Phyllis asked how they did at the show.  Quite well:
They tied for best in show for both horse and rider.  Those are the two big ribbons and the two trophies on the counter.  I think the two blue ribbons are behind the big ones, clipped to the other pocket of her jacket.  They were in two flat and two jumping classes.  A flat class involves no jumping; you change gait upon instruction from the judge.  Everyone is in the arena at the same time - I don't remember how many were in the flat classes, maybe a dozen.  In one class, the horse was judged.  In the second, the rider was judged.  Rudy took first, Steph took second (the red ribbon).  In the jumping, there's only one horse in the arena at a time.  In their classes I think there were 6 or 8 competitors, jumping 3 feet.  Steph took first and Rudy third (the yellow ribbon - he would never hold a steady pace for jumping; he knew if he was moving faster it took less effort to get over).

2 comments:

Phyllis Blickensderfer said...

For a while I had increased spam comments, but it has slowed. I hate putting in verifications because I use my iPhone a lot and the squiggly ones are hard to read on it. Or, the ones that have squiggly plus a blurred photograph of numbers! Better glasses, I guess. Having it does provide protection, and that's appreciated. Also appreciated is the lovely photo! How'd she do?

Kat said...

Thanks for asking, Phyllis. I added the show results to the post. :-)