Quote(s)

“Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science.” - Girl Genius, by Kaja & Phil Foglio

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Perspective, it's all about perspective ...

12 May 2013

Beautiful Sunday

This morning my daughter and I went to our favorite breakfast spot.  We only waited about twenty minutes for a table, which on a holiday isn't bad at all.  The special included crab cakes.  I learned to love them when I lived in Maryland.  The midwest is not a good place for seafood in general (folks here tend to majorly overcook it), but these were decent crab cakes.  I left quite happy.

We then went to the stable.  I haven't been there for a while and took advantage of the wonderful weather to get some pictures.  Here's daughter on thoroughbred Layla.  They both love to go fast. 


Layla's 17 hands tall.  Daughter's 5 foot 3 inches (1.6 meters).  A significant difference.  These were taken after the ride, while Layla grazed.  Fresh grass!  Dandelions!  Clover!! 




For the second picture, daughter was on tiptoe.  *grin*

This evening we're having quiet time at home, with tea for her and coffee for me.  It's been a lovely day.  I hope you had a lovely day as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, this brings back memories when I was young, and had my own horse. So much fun!