Quote(s)

“Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science.” - Girl Genius, by Kaja & Phil Foglio

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Perspective, it's all about perspective ...

28 November 2012

NaNoWriMo Update, Day 28

Traditionally I take the last two days of November off from work.  I request December first, too, if I remember.  This year I remembered! 

I worked Monday (my regular day off) and my generous boss suggested I take today off as a replacement.  I'm happy.  My word count is happy - 47160.  And I don't have to go back to work until next Tuesday!

I have a few errands to run and plans for this evening, but there's no writing pressure because I've already passed today's minimum (46676). 

Another tradition of mine is reaching 50K on the 29th.  I've done that four of the past five years.  Last year I cleared it on the 27th and ended with a personal high of 53154.  (Yes, I have a spreadsheet!)

Tonight I'll get a critique on the opening of one of the short stories I wrote this month.  Ideas from that will fuel the writing tomorrow.  Three thousand words shouldn't be too hard ... and there's tradition to uphold.

Congratulations to all my NaNo buddies who've already reached 50K and have their purple Winner bars. 

Commiseration to my buddies who couldn't make it this year.  Life happens and sometimes overrides the writing.  It can happen to anyone; some year that will be me. 

Encouragement (and buckets of words carried by plot bunnies) to my buddies still in the race.  Hope you get purple bars, too.


No comments: