Quote(s)

“Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science.” - Girl Genius, by Kaja & Phil Foglio

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Perspective, it's all about perspective ...

18 November 2012

NaNoWriMo Update, Day 18

Good morning, internets.  I’m still catching up.  My word count last night was 25719.  Should have been at 28339.   That puts me 2620 words behind. 

If I write 4300 words today I will be caught up (today’s words plus that deficit).  I’ve done 4K days in the past.  Not yet this year, but I think I’m in a place where it might be possible.  I have a dozen stories going.  This past week I’ve focused on expanding what I rushed at the end of Rising Tide.  Oh, boy, did I rush!  What was one paragraph is now three single spaced pages.  *looks down, shuffles feet*  And the ending is changing again ... I think I’ve figured out a way to get that big confrontation in after all.

The other ongoing stories in my NaNo have been resting all week.  Should be time for them to burst out with new directions ... 

Daughter and I are going to a write-in at a coffee shop this afternoon.  It runs from 3:30 until 8.  Don’t think we’ll stay that long, but it will hopefully be good for both our word counts.

Meanwhile, the coffee pot has stopped gurgling.  I’m off to make my first mocha of the day and get to work. 

If you're doing NaNo, too, best of luck and may your word count soar!

2 comments:

V C Larson said...

I think you should be able to include the words you post to your blog in the NaNo total!

Kat said...

LOL That would be cheating. Like the high schoolers who create a character taking the same classes they are and include their homework in the 'novel.'

Daughter and I had a productive time at the Sunday write in. I caught up! And so far I'm maintaining that. Tonight's total is 33805, a wee bit ahead of minimum.

Tonight she read me some description she wrote that makes me want to hang up the ol' keyboard, though.