Quote(s)

“Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science.” - Girl Genius, by Kaja & Phil Foglio

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Perspective, it's all about perspective ...

17 December 2023

 Hiya, 

A lot has happened since my last post. Travel. Semi-retirement. A pandemic. Working from home. Oh, and I got a tattoo! 

Travel included Hawaii, Mexico, England, Ireland, Scotland, France, New Zealand (twice), Australia, Alaska again. Some cool things were frigatebirds in Lareto, Skara Brae in Orkney, Stonehenge, Hobbiton, Tasmanian devils in Hobart, nesting albatross in Port Chalmers, Hector's dolphins in Akaroa, a flock of bald eagles fishing in Juneau. 

The tattoo happened in 2017 to commemorate my first trip to New Zealand. NZ is just as green as Ireland, just sayin'. I'm an accent sponge and after two weeks folks thought I lived in Aukland and were asking how long it had been since I'd been back to the States. Sadly, I lost my Kiwi accent soon after returning home. 

Work-wise, I stepped down as team lead and went part time in 2018. Started working from home in March 2020 (thanks Covid). 

Writing-wise, had a few Covid years where writing just wasn't happening. Lots of reading happened though, so there's that. Last year I did NaNo in an effort to write something and ended up with 50K of a romance novel, which is still in progress as the writing's slowed down again. This year I had three pieces published at 50-Word Stories and have four forthcoming at 50 Give or Take in '24, all under my pen name. 

Take care, stay safe, hug those you love. 

Kat

No comments: