Quote(s)

“Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science.” - Girl Genius, by Kaja & Phil Foglio

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Perspective, it's all about perspective ...

24 October 2013

Rambles when I should be heading to work

A snowflake landed on my windshield yesterday.  Spotting the first flake of the season isn't quite as thrilling as the first robin or first butterfly.  Quite the opposite, actually.

Techfail:
The iPod won't hold a charge.
One earbud is dead and the other faint.
Last night half-way through my on-line class the modem died.
Well, pretended to die.  This morning it's fine.

I have a zombie modem.

5 comments:

Tim said...

what you don't have robins all year round?

Kat said...

If we have a mild winter robins will stay. That's becoming the new normal. When I was little, no robins wintered over in the Chicago area, so spotting the first one in the spring was a Big Deal.

Unknown said...

A zombie modem just in time for Halloween!

valerie harrison said...

Hello Kat, thank you for buddying me.
Have just left a message asking for a mentor to help me. I do have a degree in creative writing but a novel is something else. hope you don't mind me blogging you here. I starting a wordpress blog which is at the stop and start stage at the moment.
No snowflakes here as yet but two butterflies at my window yesterday.

Kat said...

Welcome, Valerie.
Yeah, novels can be daunting. I'm always willing to help, although most of what I know I learned by doing. And by reading about writing. Only had one creative writing course. :-)
No problem if you want to leave questions here.