Quote(s)

“Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science.” - Girl Genius, by Kaja & Phil Foglio

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Perspective, it's all about perspective ...

22 April 2013

Self-Publishing

Ursula Vernon has a wonderful post on self-publishing.  Being Ursula, there's potatoes, cauliflower, and nonexistent forehead tattoos ... in short, funny and realistic.

The rocket ship on her mantelpiece she mentions is the Hugo award she won for her web comic, Digger.  She mentions Girl Genius in her post as well, a web comic that has won several Hugos.  Yes, plural.

I currently have no plans to self-publish.  It's a lot of work I don't have time for because of the Day Job.  If traditional publishing doesn't happen, I'll consider it.  But only as a last resort.

After you digest Ms Vernon's good thoughts, check out Digger (a fantasy story).  Here's the link to the first episode:  http://diggercomic.com/?p=3

Girl Genius, a steam punk story written by Kaja and Phil Foglio, is still ongoing.  It's updated Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.  Link to the first episode:  http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20021104

I love plugging favorite authors!

2 comments:

Laurie Gienapp said...

oh you're such a tease! You didn't include a link to Ursula's post... I had to find her on the right side bar, and locate the post that way. Ahhhh.. I get it, you wanted to make me do some of the work. :-)

Kat said...

I'm not that much of a tease! In the first sentence, "a wonderful post" is the link. I suspect you missed it due to being up so late (based on the time you posted your comment). Or were you up early?? ;-)