Quote(s)

“Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science.” - Girl Genius, by Kaja & Phil Foglio

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Perspective, it's all about perspective ...

18 April 2013

Hobbit-like Houses

I really enjoyed the Lord of the Rings movies.  At the time I thought it would be so cool to live in a house like Bilbo's.  It seems lots of other folks thought that, too.  Some of them had enough money to build one!

Check out this article at io9 for some spectacularly cozy homes.

I can't decide which is my favorite.  I love the Deitikon, Switzerland one for it's unusual openings, the Florida one for that sunken couch area and the view, and the Welsh one for the large oval window in the living room and the feeling that hobbits will soon be emerging from the kitchen with tea.

No comments: