Quote(s)

“Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science.” - Girl Genius, by Kaja & Phil Foglio

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Perspective, it's all about perspective ...

05 February 2013

Sick, but I Has New Music

I'm home from work today with a bad cold.  The damn thing ambushed me on Sunday, wrecked my day on Monday, so here I sit with a bowl of chicken noodle soup and the internets.  I may continue my final edit pass on Rising Tide v3.  More likely I'll take a nap.

I'm worn out from buying music online. 

I now have Richard Thompson's latest CD, Electric:


It was released TODAY!  I haven't heard all the tracks yet, but what I've listened to so far is classic awesome Thompson guitar.  And there are good lyrics in there, too.  This review  says the body count is lower that on most of his albums. 

In my iTunes investigation I also found Suzanne Vega released four CDs I didn't know about.  I downloaded those, too.  She re-recorded many of her songs in a more acoustic, intimate way that suits both her and her work and organized them by theme. 




I has me lots of new music.  Lots and Lots. 

2 comments:

Jeff segal said...

Hey Kathy,

Didn't know you were a fellow Richard Thompson fan. I got hooked the first time I heard "Tear Stained Letter" on XRT back in 1982.

By recent count I've packed and moved that album ("Hand of Kindness") and all my others 18 times.

Thompson was also Elliot's first concert, although he was barely six months old at the time.

Feel better soon!

Kat said...

Thanks, Jeff. I went to work today. Sort of better.

I didn't discover Richard Thompson until about 3 years ago, through Steph. I suppose buying a CD the day it comes out makes me an official fan. ;-)

Next time our writing prompt involves lyrics, I'll pick a Thompson tune.