Quote(s)

“Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science.” - Girl Genius, by Kaja & Phil Foglio

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Perspective, it's all about perspective ...

02 March 2012

WRoE Update for February

February was good to me.  I got in 33 hours of editing and writing on Rising Tide.


As I posted earlier, I’m changing the ending.  Forty pages of 119 are history.  Well, they’re not gone gone, just in a file that’s been renamed as v1.  (In case you were wondering, or even if you weren’t, the original written during NaNo last November is v0.) 

So the first thing I did for v2 was delete those forty pages, which took the story from around 52,100 words down to about 38,000. 

Ouch! 

But it was up to 39,343 as of this morning and I have some hand-written stuff that’s not in there yet, so a conservative estimate is a total word count of 39,500.  Just like back in November, this novel is a slow write.   

In March I’m up for critique in one of my groups.  The new writing goes to the back burner while the opening 18 pages or so get polished a bit more.  If any ideas, scenes, or lines of dialog wander by for the new part they’ll get written down, but for the next ten days my focus will be on the beginning of the story. 

Applause for my friend Dixie who proposed WRoE to encourage us not to let our WIPs languish.  It sure is working for me!


No comments: