Quote(s)

“Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science.” - Girl Genius, by Kaja & Phil Foglio

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Perspective, it's all about perspective ...

05 September 2011

A few things

Thing 1:  I haven't had much to say recently, blogwise.  No adventures, no excitements.  Which is fine by me.  Those things tend to cost money.

Thing 2:  There's a short story I'm excited about - "Orchid."  It needs a re-write or two, but the antagonist finally showed up and he's on the page.  This took about a year and a half of working on him, ignoring him, trying to entice him, lambasting him ... and just about giving up.  Then one day he started talking.  Not a lot, but enough to complete the first draft.  Crit group said it felt like it could be a novel, but I want a short story!

Thing 3:  I plan to spend some time reworking the plot of my 2010 NaNo, and edit /rewrite that one.  Probably won't have that done by October, though. 

Thing 4:  If I do NaNo this year I want to have a plot, story arcs, STUFF, to work with, and will need October for that.

Thing 5:  I'm about half-way through a long book of short pieces (stories, essays, poems), Breaking Waves.  It's a special collection put together to raise money for Katrina survivors (oops - for The Gulf Oil Spill Relief Fund), available through Book View Cafe.  I did finish one book in August, The Curse of Chalion, by Lois Bujold.  Good fantasy.  And I finished a book yesterday, Thistle Down, by Irene Radford, an easy bit of fluff that was fun.  The To Read Pile isn't getting any smaller, though.  I find books, my daughter finds books, and I'm just not reading fast enough!

Thing 6:  Today it feels like fall.  Temperature's in the 60s and the winds blowing around 15 mph with gusts up to 25.  Blustery, it is!  Have I mentioned that Fall is my favorite time of year?

Thanks for reading; comments are welcome. 

No comments: