Quote(s)

“Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science.” - Girl Genius, by Kaja & Phil Foglio

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Perspective, it's all about perspective ...

01 February 2015

February First Blizzard

Nothing like a snow day to encourage creativity! All my plans were cancelled due to snow and wind. Snow alone wouldn't stop things, but the high winds and associated Blizzard Warning! and Dangerous Travel! are ignored at peril.

I'm not fond of peril for myself. For fictional characters, the more the better! But not so much in real life.

I've taken a few pictures, and I'll add more as the day progresses. Here's my patio at around 11 am this morning:


And here it is around 1:30 pm: 



There's a drift building off the roof outside my kitchen window. I didn't take a picture this morning, because it wasn't a drift then, just a stack of snow. This was about 1:30 pm, too. 


And the snow continues falling. We won't get anywhere near as much snow as the East coast received; our forecast is for about a foot. But it's the most snow we've gotten this winter. 

*  *  *


It's still snowing. Here's the roof drift around 3 pm: 



By 4 pm it had fallen:


It will be interesting to see what's there in the morning. 

The patio at 4 pm: 


It's starting to get dark, so that's it for today's pictures.

I have no idea how much snow we've gotten. The forecast changed; now the NWS says we could get up to 16 inches. I'm glad I don't have to go to work tomorrow. 

Stay safe out there!

* * * * 

Final Update

I heard we received around 20 inches of snow. I was very glad I didn't have to go to work Monday morning.  Why? The drift in front of the garage! They didn't come plow until after 3 pm.


Here's the patio: 




I'm adding these last pictures on February 8. It was in the 40's yesterday. Today it's in the 30's and raining. So we're almost back to bare ground! The mountains left behind by the plows are smaller, but will be with us for some time yet. 

So ends my documentation of our first blizzard of the year. With hopes it's the ONLY blizzard of the year! 






No comments: