Quote(s)

“Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science.” - Girl Genius, by Kaja & Phil Foglio

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Perspective, it's all about perspective ...

08 February 2014

We Has Snow

Here's the parking lot at work this evening when I came out: 


There's at least three inches of snow on the back bumper of my car. It accumulated in roughly four hours. 

Our total is now over five feet (over 1.5 meters) for this winter. It's been a long time since we've had lots of below zero temperatures and lots of snow. When I was a kid, seemed like every winter was like this -  a few inches of snow every couple days. It's nice, really. The dirty snow keeps getting covered with fresh stuff.

Today's snow is very fluffy and sparkles in the light. 


Driving home, it was as if everything had been sprinkled with fairy dust. 

In other news, John from my library writing group and I are having a friendly competition collecting rejection slips. It started at the December meeting; he had one - his Very First! I had one, also (the first for my Orchid story, but not my first one ever.) And so the competition began. 

At the January meeting he had another one. I didn't. :-(  John ahead, 2 to 1. 

The February meeting is this coming week. Orchid got two more, for a total of three. I have refrained from emailing him. Will be patient. Will wait for meeting. 

Also, have to get that story out to the next market! That's why this competition is not only fun, but productive. To keep up we have to keep submitting. 

I love all my writing buddies.  Just saying.

No comments: