Quote(s)

“Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science.” - Girl Genius, by Kaja & Phil Foglio

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Perspective, it's all about perspective ...

29 September 2013

Field Trip

I have my new laptop on its first field trip.  We are at Barnes & Noble.  I'm having coffee.  Laptop is having WiFi.  I will take a picture and add it in later.  (I haven't mastered The Cloud yet, or else I think the picture I just took with my phone would magically appear on my laptop and I could copy it here.  Someday I'll be living in that future!)

EDIT:  Here's the picture.  Yeah, corporate America gets my money.  But sometime in October Laptop will get decorated with Digger stickers - I supported Ursula Vernon's Kickstarter.  Not ALL my money goes to corporations.


In other news, the short story workshop I'm taking is half over.  We have started working on plot.  Ya' know, plot is definitely not one of my strong points.  I'm a natural pantser (also called a discovery writer).  This is why I need this class - to get better at plot and other areas of writing.  The homework due last night was five - yes, FIVE - plots.  I turned mine in at about 11:45 PM.  The deadline was midnight.

If you're so inclined, consider taking a class taught by Mary Robinette Kowal.  Here's a post from her website from July this year about what she teaches.  If you read her blog or follow her on Twitter you'll see the announcements for future classes.  Most definitely worth the effort.

No comments: