Quote(s)

“Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science.” - Girl Genius, by Kaja & Phil Foglio

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Perspective, it's all about perspective ...

26 August 2013

Writing, Short and Long


The Asylum (on-line writing group I'm in) met this evening.  We didn't cover anything important; it was a chat kind of meeting.  November is coming up fast.  For us that means National Novel Writing Month.  I considered not participating this year, but my buddies won't hear of it.  So I'll be a rebel and work on short stories, because ... 

For eight weeks, starting in September, I'll be taking Mary Robinette Kowal's Writing on the Fast Track short story workshop.  I'm excited and a bit scared.  We already have our first assignment!  When the workshop's over I plan on practicing what I learn.  It would be foolish to turn around and write a novel instead.

I will be busy.  Don't know if blog posts will happen very often.  But I'll be thinking about ya'  ;-)

2 comments:

Laurie Gienapp said...

so excited you finally got in that writing course.. looking forward to hearing about it, and VERY happy you're going to do Nano again.. rebel, non-rebel, we don't care!!!!

Unknown said...

I am so excited and super jealous of your writing class! Good for you!!! I'll miss hearing from you but look forward to what you will say.

AND I think I might be able to hang out at Writer's Asylum, if you guys will let me!