Quote(s)

“Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science.” - Girl Genius, by Kaja & Phil Foglio

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Perspective, it's all about perspective ...

02 June 2012

WRoE Summary for May


25 hours, 5074 word increase, word count at end of month 57280

Part of my time in May was spent doing another edit pass on the sections I’ll submit for critique later in June, so I didn’t get as many words per hour as last month.

I’m still having a grand time writing this.  I now know where the main characters will be at the end of the story.  The last three sections are in rough form in my head.  Not sure how they get from where they are now (on page 126) to where they will be then or how much happens in between.  Dangling threads must be captured, too.

As usual with this one, I just follow these folks around and write down what they do and say.  There have been many stretches where I couldn’t see beyond the section I was writing.  Because the story kept growing anyway, I have confidence in it and the characters to guide me to that rough ending.  Or another one!  They’ve sprung many surprises and I wouldn’t put it past them to have a few more for me before the story is done.

I'm not participating in the NaNoWriMo Summer Camp which started yesterday.  Want to finish editing Rising Tide then do the first pass edit on my 2010 NaNoNovel, Affairs.  So I suspect I won't be participating in the August Summer Camp, either. 

To all my NaNo Buddies and Friends who ARE getting to know their cabin mates and novel characters, Best of Luck and may the Word Count Fairie visit you often.  Here's lemonade and some fresh baked chocolate chip cookies to fuel the creativity.



No comments: