Quote(s)

“Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science.” - Girl Genius, by Kaja & Phil Foglio

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Perspective, it's all about perspective ...

05 June 2011

Books? Not in May

Old habits are hard to break.  A cliché, but true.  I didn't read any books in May, even though I have more than half a dozen sitting here tempting me.

I did read.  I made significant progress on the pile of magazines.  There were a few New Yorkers in there, which was a surprise.  I thought I'd gotten all of them.  Maybe that never happens?  Once you've subscribed there will always be an unread New Yorker in the house?  Even two years after you stopped getting them...  Many issues of Science News were read and moved on to the recycle bin. 

I used to cut out the articles that really grabbed me and keep them in a file drawer.  After years of doing that I finally realized I no longer go to that drawer for information.  I google.  Keeping the hard copy is so last century.

That said, I still keep the hard copies of things that could or will be used for writing!  Perhaps because the information is something I may not remember to tie in, especially for the novels.  Sometimes it's because that little scientific article feels like a seed for a story.  And, yeah, it could be that old habits are hard to break. 

No comments: